Dr. Kathy M. Abbott
Following her undergraduate studies at the University of Iowa, Dr. Kathy Abbott received her Doctor of Dental Science degree from Marquette University in 1984. As an Honor Student at Marquette, she was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon honorary dental fraternity. She then attended Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, receiving her Certificate in Periodontics in 1986. Her periodontal practice was established in Baton Rouge that same year. She continues to strive for excellence in her practice, updating her skills through continued education and implementation of new techniques and services. She was certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology in 1992, the first woman in the State of Louisiana to achieve this distinction.
Other highlights from Dr. Abbott’s professional life include:
- President, Louisiana Society of Periodontists
- Board Member, Greater Baton Rouge Dental Association
- President, Greater Baton Rouge Dental Association
- Board Member, Continuing Dental Education of Baton Rouge
- President, Continuing Dental Education of Baton Rouge
- Task Force Member, Governor’s Commission on Health Care and Insurance Reform
- Certificate in Dental Implants, Temple University
- Certificate in Laser Periodontal Therapy, International Academy of Laser Dentistry
Outside of her practice, Dr. Abbott enjoys spending time with her husband, Robert, and son, James. They participate in numerous sporting activities as well as church and community services. They are happy to call Baton Rouge home!